With the benefit of its high thermal conductivity, AlN can serve to increase power modules' current carrying capability while maintaining robust insulating capacity. Vincotech's advanced power module design accommodates AlN substrates without requiring architectural modifications. This design uses pressure-contact technology to establish a thermal connection between the module and heat sink. The life span of a power module with an AlN substrate is more than twice that of an Al2O3 version.
- Beneficial dielectric properties
- High thermal conductivity
- Low thermal expansion coefficient, close to that of Silicon
- Non-reactive to normal semiconductor process chemicals and gases
- Performance and reliability - All in one housing – PDF, 1 MB