Vincotech has found a way to mount Press-fit modules to the heat sink and the PCB in just one step.
Furthermore, the modules can be supplied optional with a pre-applied thermal grease. Disassembly is very easy.
OneStep preparations and assembly
Step 1: Place the module on the heat sink.
Step 2: Place the PCB on the module.
Step 3: Insert the two bolts into the module.
Assembly in a single step:
Use a pressing tool or machine to press the bolts down with the Press-fit pins.
Benefits of OneStep Mounting Technology
- PCB, module, and heat sink assembly all in one step
- Electrical connection to the PCB accomplished in the same step
- Bushings eliminate module-to-heat-sink holes’ tolerance issues
- Simple drilled PCB holes are sufficient
- No need for extra screws and spring washers
- Inexpensive plastic housing material
- No clips and springs, space requirements are minimized
Convenience and reliability:
- Modules optionally available with pre-applied thermal grease
- Assemblies with more than one module on the heat sink are possible
- Proven to have Rth levels comparable to screw-mounted technology
- Zero pin force due to mechanical PCB-to-module bond
- Improved creepage and clearance distance due to elimination of metal screw
- Very easy disassembly